This has been a milestone I've been waiting for. I've been ready to hit the 12 week mark and know there was less of a chance of complications. I know there are still many things that could go wrong, but I'm determined to focus on all the wonderful things that WILL happen for us.
These are my goals for my pregnancy and my babies. I would love if you would join in the positive thinking/prayers with me.


1. I will carry my children to AT LEAST 37 weeks.
2. I will stay active through my pregnancy and be up and around until I begin labor.
3. Each twin will be born weighing at least 5 pounds.
4. I will have a vaginal birth (sorry if TMI)
5. The twins will be healthy at birth and will stay out of the NICU.
6. I will be able to breast feed my babies.
These are the things you read/hear about when ever the word TWINS seem to come up. Except they are in the negative forms. It seems you are SURE to have bedrest, c-section, NICU, pre-term labor, and many complications during pregnancy. I have been so discouraged with all of those thoughts. A fellow twin mom (THANKS KATIE!) has reassured me this does not HAVE to be the case. She's sent me positive links and stories of many moms of multiples who have accomplished the 6 things I listed above and more. And SHE has one of those success stories. That is my goal and my focus through this pregnancy.
We were in KC this weekend and mom and I had good bonding time. She and I spent an afternoon looking for some maternity clothes. I'm sort of at the in between stage at the moment. I can't really fit in my normal clothes comfortably and maternity clothes are still a bit big. But they are so much more comfortable and I know before long I will be NEEDING these maternity clothes. It's been fun to be at the stage where I'm finally beginning to show more!
We have another ultrasound tomorrow at a perinatal center. I'm excited to see our babies again! I'll try and get pictures posted tomorrow.
Here is a 12 week belly shot from me. It doesn't look all that different yet, but I wanted to keep a record. I feel a lot bigger, even if it isn't showing yet.








1 comment:
Beth and Aaron, I was so pleased to hear about your pregnancy. And twins! Congratulations, over and over.
Post a Comment