Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

May 12, 2010

Headache:

On Sunday I started having a massive headache. It just would not go away and kept getting worse. I just figured it was due to more visitors that day and didn't think much of it. By that night it was hurting pretty bad, so I took some tylenol. The tylenol didn't even touch it.

Monday I woke up and still had a bad headache. Then I started wondering if this was more pre-eclampsia stuff rearing it's ugly head. They had told me a bad headache that wouldn't go away could be a sign of high blood pressure. I found a free blood pressure machine in the hospital and took it several times during the day. It was definitely high. So, by the end of the day I called my doctor to see what they wanted me to do.

When I had my 2 week check up my dr said to be watching for the headache signs. She said my blood pressure was high, but she was hoping it'd go down on it's own. So, when I called the dr's office I expected they'd want to see me. I ended up having a nurse tell me I needed to see my regular practitioner for this. I was really surprised, because I viewed this as still a pregnancy issue. Plus I am only 2 weeks post partum. I didn't know what to do. So, I ended up calling the on call doctor. They said it absolutely was an OB issue and to come in the morning to be seen.

Tuesday morning I go in and my blood pressure was 170/110. I was sent to maternity triage to have consecutive blood pressures taken. They didn't want to put me on a blood pressure medication if it wasn't consistently high. So, I was there for an hour or so and my resting bp's were pretty high.

Therefore, I'm now on blood pressure medication. It's a very low dose and I've been told I will likely be able to go off the medication as I get further from the c-section. I have an appointment next week to make sure they aren't dropping my blood pressure too low.

Last night I had the WORST migraine, but today is much better. I think the medicine has had some time to work. It was not fun having a headache for 3 days! I'm hoping this goes away soon, so I am better able to take care of my kids.

No comments: