Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

August 21, 2010

Almost four months:

Can't believe my babies are almost 4 months old! We went to the dr this week and they are looking good. Belle is weighing 9lbs 7 oz and Aiden is weighing 11 lbs 7 oz right now. They are still in the 1%, but they are moving up the growth chart, so that is good. We have been given the clear to start rice cereal as they begin to show more hunger. Can't believe they are already ready for that! And then soon after that we can begin baby food. It'll be fun to experience these new stages with them.

They are both starting to roll around more. Not all the way over, but from side to side. Love watching them learning new things. They are both so alert! Belle has really begun studying her hands. They both suck on their hands quite a bit now, but Belle really stares at them and tries to figure out what's going on with them.

They are both GREAT sleepers now! Aaron and I both started back to work this week and that's just when Belle and Aiden decided to start sleeping through the night. Boy it's been nice having 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep! And it couldn't have been more perfect timing.  They have slept through the night all week long and we are so proud of them!

We have begun adding some formula bottles to the mix. They get two formula bottles a day and are doing really well with it. I'm beginning to enjoy the freedom as well. It's nice to not have to worry about pumping or run home after a couple of hours. I love how easy it is to feed them when we are out, because all we need is some tap water. It is time and I'm finally ok with allowing the formula bottles. I'm glad I'm seeing the positives in switching to formula. Like I said, they are still getting some bottles of breast milk. And I'm hoping to keep that up for a while longer. But it has been nice to see benefits on both sides of the line.

Aaron and I are both back to work. And even though we miss seeing the kids all day long, I think we are both enjoying being back in a routine again. I think it's going to be a good year! The kids are doing pretty good at the sitters as well. That makes it easier to leave them when they are doing great and I like where they are going.

Looking forward to the phase we are all moving in to. Lots of changes coming, I have a feeling!

No comments: