The last few months we have been going through a full ivf treatment. We said we'd try it one time and then we'd move on to adoption. It has been quite a process and way more involved than I ever thought it would be. I ended up over reacting to the medicine they were giving me and had some pretty major complications.
After the egg retrieval (where they got 12 eggs) and the transfer (where they transferred back 2 and froze 7) I got very sick. I ended up with OHSS (ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome). I got a severe case of it that landed me in the hospital for about 4 days. I was out of work for about a month, etc. It was nuts. BUT:
While in the hospital we found out we were pregnant! It was hard to wrap our minds around that, because I was so incredibly sick. And even for the weeks after we've known it's true, but were concentrating more on my getting better.
Last week I finally got the drain removed (after having it in for about a month) and have become more of a "normal" person again. It has felt so nice to be able to live life in a more normal way. This whole process has been crazy, but totally worth it in the end. We are finally pregnant!
I am 8 weeks 4 days today. And I am due on May 27th, 2010. We can't wait for our family to grow and experience all the new exciting challenges ahead!






No comments:
Post a Comment