Obviously, we all already know that I'm pregnant. So, OF COURSE the test would be positive. But let me give you a little history. Aaron and I have spent over 3 years trying to get pregnant. Month after month after month of negative tests. 3 years of negative tests every month, usually multiple tests because I would never trust the first test really starts to wear on you. Aaron started saying home tests were the root of all evil. I stopped taking them near the end of fertility. Well, this last time we tried in vitro fertilization (IVF) and I didn't even have time to take a home test. I ended up with complications and in the hospital before I was ever supposed to find out. And in the ER they did a blood pregnancy test before doing a lot of the procedures. So, we actually found out in the hospital we were pregnant. Once I was home and starting to feel better I took a home test. I already knew I was pregnant. But I HAD to see that positive test. After over 3 years of negatives I HAD to know what it looked like to see those 2 LINES! I was so excited to FINALLY see those lines! So excited that I took a picture and I'm sharing with you. I'm sure you've seen them. But this is a milestone in our lives. One of the many that we'll see over the next few months.

Also, my mother-in-law came by with a box of diapers tonight. :) So funny. But we're gonna need them! Might as well stock up now! Kinda fun to start getting those things. Makes it all so much more real.
I ALSO got in the mail some great cd's from our friends Darin and Darla. We always have this talk about how Aaron mostly listens to country, so I don't often get to listen to the music I used to. I like country fine, so I don't argue about it. Well, today I got a package in the mail that had several burned cd's in them. There was a cute little post it note saying that the baby needed to hear some "good" music and not all country. So funny and so thoughtful. There's some Dave Matthews Band, Harry Connick, Pearl Jam, and Adele. I'm excited to listen to them!
Thanks Kathy, Darin, and Darla for thinking of our precious little one already! You're the best!






1 comment:
Beth, I'm so excited for you guys. I didn't realize until I joined facebook that you had been struggling with infertility for so long. I can't even imagaine how difficult that must have been; it took us about 1 year with our oldest and I know how difficult that was for me so I can't even begin to comprehend what 3 years must have been like. I have a very close friend who has been struggling for about 3 years as well. She hasn't yet gottent to where her husband is willing to ivf but your story gives me hope to share with her that it CAN happen. I don't know what "stage" they are at because as close as we are she can't really talk about it (her husband really doesn't want people to know they are having problems) but I'm hoping your story will encourage her to know that there is hope out there. I will be thinking about you and praying for a healthy pregnancy. All the best to you and Aaron and the baby.
Jennifer Dunsdon
Post a Comment