
Me today at 24 weeks and a couple days. Boy are these babies growing!!
Let's see. Seems like I have a lot to post from the last couple of weeks. We had another ultrasound at the perinatal place and everything is looking great. All of my ultrasounds will be there and they do very detailed measurements and check blood flow and all sorts of things. They are each about an hour and they are once a month for now. I LOVE getting to see the kiddos for such a long time. I didn't get very good pictures this time, so I won't likely post them. Neither of the babies were cooperating this time, so no beautiful poses. The Dr. said they are looking great. Both are a little over a pound and momma is doing great as well. I was worrying after the contractions and pains I'd been feeling that they might put me on bed rest. But it appears all is sealed up tight and they aren't coming any time soon. What a relief!! They've got a lot more baking to do in there.
We have also found someone to watch the kids when we go back to school in the fall. I have taught 2 of her 4 children and they are such good kids! She doesn't have a day care, but watches a few kids here and there. I am SO thankful she is willing to take our children in the fall. I know they will be in good hands and they will be right near me in Albany. Thanks Niki!! You're the best!
I go back to the OB this week to check on how things are going. Those are pretty fast pretty uneventful appointments. But I get to see how much weight I've gained and how I'm measuring in comparison to how far along I am. A couple weeks ago my belly was measuring 28 weeks even though I was only 23, which is completely normal. I feel like I grow by the minute, so I'm interested to see how far along I look now!
Things are really coming together for us.
1. We've got all our nursery furniture bought. Aaron will be painting the nursery here in the next couple of weeks, I think. Then we can begin to assemble furniture and put up decorations.
2. We've found our child care provider. Thank goodness!
3. We have a list of pediatricians and have a couple I need to call soon.
4. My sister is throwing me a shower in a couple weeks. I'm really excited for it. I know it's really early in my pregnancy for showers, but with twins they recommend you get it all done early in case you go on bed rest or go into labor. I'm already getting pretty uncomfortable, so I'm glad we've planned this early. I'm excited!!
5. We are going to a birthing class this Saturday. We have to go up to Des Moines, so we didn't have a lot of options when it came to classes. They offered one for multiples, but it was only on week nights and that just wasn't going to work for us. So, we are taking the "fast track" class that is all day on Saturday. Hopefully we'll get the information we need there!
So, that's where we stand for now. Moving along and getting things ready while I still feel comfortable enough to do it. So far so good.






No comments:
Post a Comment