Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

February 15, 2010

Testing:

Well, I am home from the testing. OF COURSE we got bad weather last night, so the hour drive took us more like 2-2 1/2. But, I didn't have an appointment, so it didn't matter what time I got there. Other than my own comfort of not being able to eat or drink.

Took the initial drink and felt ok for about 30 min. Then I started feeling shaky and light headed, but was still kinda ok. When I went in for the first blood draw she asked how I was feeling. I told her I was dizzy and feeling nauseous, etc. She said it was the sugar rush and that the first hour was the worst. I was so glad to know this was going to get better.

So, I went back out to my mom in the waiting room and then I really felt gross. Luckily, she's been an RN (always good to have a nurse in the family) so she knew what to tell me. I told her I felt like I was starting to panic some and really just didn't feel right. Initially we put my feet up on the chair next to me, but that just wasn't working. I told her I needed to lay down, so we found a love seat close by and I tried to lay on that. That felt a little better, but then I started seeing spots and really felt like I was going to pass out. I immediately told mom I felt like I was gonna pass out and was again trying not to panic. She then said there was NO reason to panic, because we were in a hospital! Right where we needed to be. Which did make me feel better. So, she helped move me to the floor and put a coat under my head.

I laid on my left side and within about 15 minutes I felt significantly better and she commented that the color was coming back into my face. I'm sure I looked in sane, because we were literally in the front lobby of the hospital in a waiting room. So I'm sure people wondered what the HECK was going on. But at that point I didn't care one bit. I just didn't want to pass out. I gradually got up a little at a time and was fine the rest of the time there. The lab person was right, that first hour was the worst!!

It was so good having my mom there. The time really did pass pretty quickly. She lives two hours from me, so it was nice to have some time to us and catch up. Should get the results in the next couple of days. I'm hoping for NO gestational diabetes and NO pre-eclampsia. We'll find out soon, I suppose!

No comments: